Number of Inductees
- To celebrate the history of the sport of Rugby in Manitoba by recognizing those whom have significantly contributed to the Game.
- Official (Referees, Coaches, Managers and Non-coaching Staff)
- Builder (Administrators, Media, Patrons, and multiple category contributors)
- Pioneer (contributions should, but not necessarily, be prior to 1975)
- Nominees should have been involved in Rugby at least 20 years and have contributed significantly to the sport of rugby in Manitoba.
- Player nominees should have been retired from playing for a least three years from a national or provincial team program.
- Nominees may be recognized posthumously.
- Nominees may be considered while holding elected office at the provincial, national or international rugby board level.
- Nominees will not be considered for induction while serving on the Manitoba Rugby Hall Of Fame Committee in the following positions: Committee Chair, Sub-Committee Chairs and Induction Sub-Committee – Nominations Coordinator and Selections Jury members.
- Nominations are to be submitted using the MRHOF Nomination Form. The form can be found at and submitted directly from the MRHOF website
- Nominations will be acknowledged as submitted upon their receipt.
- The Nominator may be asked by the Induction Sub Committee Nomination Coordinator to provide additional information and/or documentation concerning the Nominee in support of the nomination.
- Nominations for induction are valid for a period of three years (once a nominee is deemed eligible).
- Nominations not recommended for induction within the three year period of nomination validity may be re-nominated; otherwise Nominations recommended for induction stand in perpetuity.
- Nominations will be considered by the Induction Sub Committee and any subsequent recommendations for induction are subject to final approval by the Manitoba Rugby Hall of Fame Committee and ratificiation by the Rugby Manitoba Executive.
- Criteria for evaluation should include:
- Honours received
- Involvement with the game
- Overall career
- Recognition of their contribution(s) by club, union and community (local, national and/or international).
- Inductees recommended for induction by the Induction Sub Committee, approved by the Manitoba Rugby Hall of Fame Committee and ratified by the Rugby Manitoba Executive will be announced in late spring/early summer, prior to their induction in the fall.
Number of Inductees
- Maximum of five (5) inductees annually.
- Nomination Receipt Ongoing all year
- Nomination Research Ongoing all year
- Nomination Evaluation End April
- Nomination Recommendation Mid May
- Nomination Ratification End May
- Nomination Approval Mid June
- Nomination Announcement End June
- Nomination Induction Mid October
- If an inductee brings the Game in disrepute, including by a criminal action, the Selections Jury will review the situation and make a recommendation for retention or removal, conditional upon the approval of the Rugby Manitoba Board (not only the Executive).
- Chair - appointed by the Chair of the Manitoba Rugby Hall of Fame Committee.
- Nomination Coordinator - appointed by the Induction Sub-committee Chair.
- Selections Jury Members (4 minimum) - appointed by the Induction Sub-committee Chair and approved by the Manitoba Rugby Hall of Fame Committee, shall consist of at least:
- One past president of a Manitoba Rugby Club currently in good standing.
- One past president of either Rugby Manitoba, Maple Grove Rugby Park, or the Manitoba Association of Rugby Referees.
- Two Alumni Representatives - former players or officials (one male, one female) - retired from on field game activities for a period of five years.
- These Guidelines are subject to revision by the Manitoba Rugby Hall of Fame Committee, who will provide a copy of the revised Guidelines to Rugby Manitoba.
- The Manitoba Rugby Hall of Fame is an independent organization, and is at arms-length from Rugby Manitoba, with no reporting relationship (other than for informational and liaison purposes) to Rugby Manitoba.